Sunday, January 6, 2013

Road tripping

I'm a little late with my post today because I've just come back from an 18 hour road trip from Chicago to Dallas, Texas. We drove from 5.30am to 12am. I saw both the sunrise and sunset and all the landscape in between. I've never done such a long road trip before and by the end of it I was itching to be anywhere but near a car, but I'm glad I had the experience. 

We didn't drive through any big cities or anything like that; mind you, i slept through most of the car ride. Of what I did see, it all reminded me of Amish barns and houses. It wasn't the kind of road trip with the window down and the hair blowing in the wind Thelma and Louise style. It was six people in a car (four crammed in the back) with What is love by Haddaway playing far too many times for my liking. By the end of the trip, we were listening to a Mexican radio station...don't ask me why. This is definitely something I don't do often, and I tip my hat to those who love road tripping to far off places. You must have butts of steel, because mine is numb as anything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment