Saturday, February 16, 2013

Aioli

I love anything with garlic in it. Before my vegan days, aioli  (ay-oh-lee) was definitely a favourite. I had a bit of a craving for aioli and fries today so I pulled out my Veganomicon cook book and tried out TWO aioli recipes. One was just not enough. I coupled this with some homemade super crispy (almost burnt - that's the way I like it) sweet potato fries. 

I made garlic and basil aioli using the soya mayo-dressing from the book, and the other aioli recipe used white beans. Both were super delicious with the fries. The white bean aioli was a bit thicker while the mayo-dressing had a thinner consistency because it was made from silken tofu. 

The great thing about aioli is that it's so versatile. You can have it on some bruchetta, in a burger or just as a dip for veggies. 

Aioli cravings status: satisfied. 




No comments:

Post a Comment