Thursday, February 28, 2013

Vegan plum and peach cobbler

I think this blog would be very empty if I didn't like cooking and baking as much as I do. There may be some of you out there who get bored of reading about my vegan cooking adventures, but I hope that for the other few, I offer some insight into what it is we vegans eat. I hope that I've dispelled any misconceptions that all we eat are fruit and vegetables. 

I found a recipe for low-fat plum cobbler  on the web which caught my eye because number one, I like the word "cobbler" (it sounds to me like something that Irish people sit around and eat on wooden tables in their adorable one bedroom cottages); two, because I've never used plum in a dessert other than fruit salad and thirdly because this recipe doesn't use any refined sugar (the bad stuff) or any oils or butters high in saturated fat. Yay! 

This dessert is seriously delicious. I used green and purple plums, as well as adding in a few peaches. The sweetness of the green plums and peaches contrast with the tartness of the purple plums and all the flavours came together to create a pure deliciousness explosion in my mouth. I had to make the tough decision whether or not to write up this blog first or finish off my plum and peach cobbler. I chose the cobbler. Hands down.

I urge you to try new things. And if you're really daring, try something vegan one day. If you're not great in the kitchen, come to mine and we'll eat cobbler. 





No comments:

Post a Comment