Sunday, March 17, 2013

'What If You Knew' - XickFilms

About three months ago my friend Emily approached me and asked me to help her put together a short video to help encourage people to register on the bone marrow registry so that she would have a better chance at finding a match for a stem cell transplant. I don't have any experience with filming and putting together a video but I knew of a group of guys who did. Their production name is XickFilms and they've been making short videos for about a year and abit. They were so kind and agreed to help me out with this project for Emily. They came up with a script called 'What if You Knew' and we got together today to do the filming. 

The last time I was in a short film was back in year 11 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO7VJ7RLISo). That was six years ago and it was a video my friend put together about leavers jackets. This is my first time in a XickFilm production and I had a great time acting and watching the guys in their element. 

I hope that with this short film, we'll get more people wanting to donate blood and register their name on the Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry. Not only is Emily in need but there is also a 23 year-old woman named Lauren from Perth who has a rare type of Leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant (more info here).

If you haven't donated blood, then please do it. And if you're interested in registering to be a donor then you can do that when you donate blood! Just contact the Australian Red Cross Blood Service on 13 14 95. Please. 



May I introduce the wonderful guys from XickFilms! Check out more of their work at https://www.youtube.com/user/XickFilms

No comments:

Post a Comment