Tuesday, April 23, 2013

90s Nickelodeon cartoons

When I reminisce about my childhood, it brings back a lot of great memories. Most of those memories include my beautiful older sister. We had a relatively normal childhood. We watched heaps of TV, played dress ups, played with dolls, stuffed toys, video games, and all kinds of activities in the back yard too. Whatever we did, we always brought our imagination along with us, and we always had fun. 

My sister knew that I've been wanting a new fancy pants camera to take pictures for my blog (and for photo taking in general). She knows a lot more about cameras than I do so she decided to buy one for my birthday. Not only did she get me a brand spanking new Olympus Stylus XZ-2 but she also bought me all the DVDs of some of our favourite childhood TV shows.

The DVDs included seasons 1 and 2 of the following 90s Nickelodeon TV shows: Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, CatDog, Aaah Real Monsters and The Wild Thornberrys.

Not only did I love these shows as a kid, but they bring back all of those great memories that I had with my sister when we were young.

My sister and I decided to watch the first episode of all the different shows to give my brother some insight into how cartoons used to be. We had never seen the first episode of The Wild Thornberrys of Angry Beavers, so that was something new for today. Even though I love doing all my new things for the day, doing 'something old' today like watching cartoons with my sister made me feel happy in a way that only 22 years of being sisters can do for you. 


Mine is the black one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment