Sunday, June 2, 2013

Brother-sister plank competition

The other day when Ruth and Nhi came over for our blogilates session, I realised that my lower body strength was lacking compared to my upper body. For the last couple of days I have been sticking to my thigh and butt workouts to the point where at church today it was a struggle to sit and stand up. 

Keeping with my fitness theme, my brother and I decided to have a planking competition. We decided that he would plank and then what ever time he got, I would plank for triple that amount of time. Now for all of you who don't know, my brother is 11 years old so I was pretty confident that I would be able to complete the challenge. 

He ended up planking for 50 seconds which meant that I had to plank for 2 minutes 30 seconds. Thank goodness too, because my personal best is 2 minutes so if I could get this then that would be a new record for me. I really don't think I could have planked for any longer than that at this point.

Even though I was able to plank the 2 minutes 50, let me tell you that it was so difficult for me. I could feel my back caving in and I was gritting my teeth from about the 1 minute 45 second mark. Although there is much room for improvement here, I'm still glad that I was able to been my own record. And I guess there isn't anyone better to compete against than yourself. Forget everyone else. 



1 comment: