Thursday, June 13, 2013

Marc and Angel's '50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind'

My something new for today isn't anything spectacular but it still turned my ordinary day into a pretty good one. 

While I was scrolling through people's lists on the Day Zero Project website I found a person who had "Answer all the questions on Marc and Angel's '50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind' list". I had briefly skimmed over the first ten or so questions a while ago but then got side tracked and never ended up actually answering any of them. I decided that it was time for a bit of me-time tonight so I set myself the challenge of answering them in one sitting. 

I copied and pasted the questions into a word document so that I could type out my answers. I think it will be nice to come back to these questions next year or something and see how much my answers have changed. 

I turned off anything that could distract me so that I could really have a good think about the questions because some of them were quite deep. There were questions that really made you question life and then you had other ones that were just funny and were good to answer because they're rarely asked. 

For example, question 20 is 'Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?'. My answer: I'll only press it once until it lights up. If the button doesn't light up then i'll press it more times. But no, pressing it lots of times won't make it go faster

The button on the traffic lights on the other hand, I press multiple times...and I do it even though I know it won't make the green man light up any faster. 

Question 41 actually made me gasp out loud: 'If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?'. I didn't expect a question like that and no one has ever asked me that before so it took me by surprise.

So yeah, there are all sorts of thought provoking questions. If you're going to tackle these questions open your mind and really go all out and be honest.

I really enjoyed answering these questions because it gave me the opportunity to discover myself a little bit more. One of the questions was 'Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?' and now that I think about it, it kind of applies to self discovery and realisation. We get better insight into the kind of people we are when we see how we react and respond to challenges. Sometimes I didn't like the honest answers that I gave to some of the questions, but it's given me a lot to think about...in a good way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment