Thursday, June 27, 2013

Perth Museum, CNR Kitchen and A$AP Rocky

I have had a super busy day filled with a lot of new things :)

I'll start with my trip to the Perth Museum. My friend Kate, who I recently went to Melbourne with decided that she is going to spend the next 6 months doing something new each week. This week she planned to check out the State Library and Museum and was so kind as to invite me along. 

I can't remember the last time I've been in the Perth Museum to view an exhibition. I'm not even sure if I've ever been to be honest. 

The exhibition was called Secrets of the Afterlife: Magic, Mummies and Immortality in Ancient Egypt, and it was a collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts. There were mummy tombs, jewellery, spells and illustrations of papyrus, hand-made tools and everything else related to how the ancient Egyptians prepared for the afterlife. 

The exhibition was great and I loved how enthusiastic the staff were. They all seemed to be so happy to be there and that good feeling rubbed off on me. 












The next new thing Kate and I did was eat lunch at a cafe called CNR Kitchen in Northbridge. I saw this cafe come up on Urbanspoon while I was searching vegan friendly restaurants in Perth and it's been on my list of places to go for a while now. 

We thoroughly enjoyed the food here. Everything was so fresh! I finished the meal feeling very full, but not that horrible kind of feeling after eating an unhealthy or heavy meal. I ordered a Cupid's Arrow drink which is strawberry, cacao, agave, almond milk milkshake. It was very different, but surprisingly refreshing for a milkshake. The fresh strawberry juice is what gives it that fresh taste. 

I also ordered vegan sliders. Instead of using those cute mini burger buns, they used think tomato slices. This was a raw meal. Normally I'm not a huge fan of raw meals because sometimes I don't find them very filling, but this was great. I highly recommend it; but you have to be a tomato lover if you want this dish. 




Left: watermelon, apple, pear and lemon juice. Right: strawberry, cacoa and agave almond milk milkshake

House fries with vegan mint aoli and tomato sauce. Vegan sliders.

Vegan lasagne.




My night ended going to see one of my favourite rappers, A$AP Rocky. To be honest, I've only just discovered him this year through a friend, but I am hooked. The show was great and I just loved being around people who were into the same kind of music that I like. 

The night was everything you'd expect from a guy like A$AP Rocky. It was wild. Or as my friend would say, it was hectic!



No comments:

Post a Comment