Sunday, June 30, 2013

Vegan Banana and Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

I have lost count of how many hot chocolate recipes I had made, but tonight I add another one to that list of goodness knows how many. 

This hot chocolate was definitely needed. I've had a busy week and today was my unwind day. Nothing better to wind down with on a winters night than a nice hot cup of cocoa. 

There were two separate recipes on the website Knitted Bliss for Banana Hot Chocolate and Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, but I decided to combine the two flavours into one.

I really love the banana-peanut butter flavour combination so this was great. I've made a chocolate banana and peanut butter smoothie before, but I've never tried it as a hot drink. Tastes good both hot or cold if you ask me.

On a side note, my brother and I were watching some episodes of the TV show Friends today, and we watched the episode "The One With All The Resolutions". In this episode, Ross made a New Year's resolution to do something new each day. For the first time ever, I felt like my life was like a tv show because I'm doing something new just like Ross. 

One of Ross' new things was to wear a pair of leather pants. He got too hot wearing them and took them off in the bathroom of the girl he was on a date with. When he tried to get them back on, they wouldn't go up because either they shrunk or his "legs expanded" from the heat. It's a funny episode, as is every other episode of Friends.


Maybe my something new one day can be to wear a pair of leather pants. At least because it's winter, I won't get too sweaty in them :)

Vegan Banana and Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

Serves 1

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup soy milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
  • 1 tablespoon dutch processed cocoa powder 
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter (crunch or smooth, and add more if you prefer)
Note: if you're using unsweetened soy (or other non-dairy) milk, then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and 2 teaspoons of any sweetener. 

Directions
  1. Blend the peanut butter and banana together with about 1/4 of the milk in a food processor. 
  2. Heat the remaining milk and the cocoa in a saucepan until hot.
  3. Add the peanut butter and banana mixture and stir well to combine. 
  4. Pour into mug. 
  5. I suggest using a big mug just in case the hot chocolate is too thick for you. That way you can just add extra milk and not get any over flow. We must not waste any of the hot chocolate!!

1 comment: