Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Maple spiced nuts

I love nuts! 

Now there's a statement you don't want to be yelling out loud in public. 

One of the things I'm really grateful for is not have a nut allergy. I can't imagine life without peanut butter. But I guess just like I've adapted to life without meat and animal products, people with nut allergies probably get along just fine too.

If you haven't already been, I highly recommend the spiced nuts at Greenhouse on St George's Terrace in the Perth CBD. They are absolutely delicious. 

For a quick something new for tonight, I decided to make the Sweet and Spiced Pecans recipe from my cookbook Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas.

I didn't have enough pecans, so I just added some raw cashews and hazelnuts to make up the total amount of nuts needed. The only other change that I made to the recipe was to use 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder instead of 1/2 teaspoon; and I'm glad I did because they were just the right amount of spicy. Anymore chilli powder and I'd probably be taking a mouthful of water after each nut.

These would make a great Christmas present. Just pop them in a jar and put a pretty bow around it. Try to stop yourself from eating them as you pop them into the jars though. It's tricky. 





No comments:

Post a Comment