Thursday, July 4, 2013

Picnic at Lake Monger

A few days ago, my friend and I organised to catch up for a picnic today at Lake Monger. For the past two days, the weather has been rainy and horrible so we were crossing our fingers for good weather today. Luckily for us, the sun chose the right day to come out and play. 

To complement our picnic foods, my friend also brought some vegan sweet treats from a place called The Herdsman: Inspiring Foods in Churchlands. Apparently this place sells a lot of lovely foods, so if you're in the area, please go check it out. I've never been there before, so I'll have to check it out too :)

I forgot the name of one of the sweets, but it was like a power bar. We could see almonds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pepitas, goji berries and we could taste a lovely coconuty flavour. I'm sure there were more healthy ingredients too. 

He also bought a vegan caramel slice. It was delicious. It was so rich but not in a sickly sweet kind of way. And I felt guilt-free eating it. I will definitely go to The Herdsman and get more of these babies. 

  
Our super delicious vegan sweets :)
I've only ever been to Lake Monger once for a fundraising event, so to sit down and enjoy the view was lovely. We chose a great spot where we could see the city. The sky was the most lovely blue and view was just stunning. 

Picnics are a great solution for saving money on food when you catch up with friends. Although, I strongly recommend you wear multiple layers of clothing if you go for a picnic in winter. Even though the sun is shining, the wind can get absolutely freezing.

Photo from here


No comments:

Post a Comment