Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rekorderlig winter cider

I don't drink alcohol all that much. If I had the choice between an alcoholic drink and anything else, I'd probably pick the anything else. 

For me personally, I don't really need alcohol to release inhibitions and I'm probably more fun without it in my blood stream. In fact, when I do drink, I get so sleepy and sleepy Theresa is not much fun at all.

Don't get me wrong, I've tried beer, wine, champagne and all the fruity ones in between, but I'm just not a fan of the taste. I don't hate it, I just would prefer a drink that tastes just as nice which doesn't make me drowsy.

Alcohol also has a lot of sugar and so I'll skip on the extra calories too. 

This all being said, I'm totally fine with being around people that drink. It doesn't bother me at all and I'm always willing to try something new. That's why, when my friend gave me a free bottle of Rekorderlig Swedish apple cider, I didn't say no. 

I can't remember how we got onto the topic but she thought I might like it. She told me that it tasted great either hot or cold, so I decided to test out both at the same time. 

I must say, even though it's so cold outside right now I preferred the drink served cold. This is probably the nicest alcoholic drink I've tasted; but that doesn't really say much to be honest since I don't drink. 

This particular flavour was apple cinnamon and vanilla. It had a lovely apple taste with a hint of vanilla and spices. I preferred it cold because it just tasted like soft drink. Served hot, the drink is very sweet and I couldn't really handle the sugar rush to my brain. 

I really enjoyed this drink, and luckily for me it hasn't made me sleepy just yet. However, it's been a long day so I'm welcoming the idea of curling up in bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment