Saturday, July 6, 2013

Vegan White Bean Crepes with Balsamic Grilled Tempeh and Basil "Butter"

A few weeks back, a went to the library and borrowed out pretty much all the vegan cook books on the shelves. The library books can be on loan for about 3 weeks before they need to be renewed, and although I know it's impossible to get through all the recipes in that time, it's nice to have a variety to choose from when I find time to cook.

I usually have a look in the index for main ingredients and find recipes from there. Today I found a super tasty sounding recipe from the book You Won't Believe It's Vegan by Lacey Sher and Gail Doherty. The recipe was White Bean Crepes with Balsamic Grilled Tempeh and Basil "Butter". Sounds super fancy doesn't it?

It was actually a lot easier to make than I thought, and I enjoyed making this recipe because it gave me the chance to practice flipping my crepes on the pan. I feel like a boss whenever the crepe lands back in the pan after being flipped :P

The recipe is super long so I decided to just take a picture and post it up :)

This dish is as yummy as is sounds and even more delicious than my photos and plating up make it out to be. In the end, I was so hungry that I didn't care what it looked like on the plate. I just wanted it in my belly :)







No comments:

Post a Comment