Thursday, August 1, 2013

Registering for Abseil for PMH

Over here in Perth, Western Australia, the main children's hospital is Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH). Everyone knows PMH. If you're from Perth and you've never been in PMH, then you know someone who has or who works there or who at least drives past the hospital everyday going to work. You get my drift. 

I heard about a fundraising campaign called Abseil for PMH on the radio the other day and I checked it out as soon as I got home. The event involves abseiling down the Woodside building in the Perth CBD. I'm talking walking down the side of a 125m high builing. Now there's a challenge! and for such a great cause too. 

Abseil for PMH takes place from the 15-17 of November this year. The requirements of registering are that you have to pay a registration donation fee of $100, and then you have to fundraise a minimum of $500 before the 8th of November. Another challenge! and still for that same great cause. 

I've yet to do anything to support the good works for PMH, so this was something I couldn't pass up. 

If you're interested in participating, hop on the event website: http://www.pmhfoundation.org.au/event/AbseilForPMH2013

Please help me out as I try to fundraise for this event. I won't be able to do the abseil if I don't get enough donations. Please look into those big hearts of yours and make a donation. 

I know I'm going to be really scared going down that building, but I know that when my feet eventually touch the ground, the bravery it took to get there will only be a fraction of the bravery that a lot of the kids and families in PMH have. 

My fundraising page is  https://AbseilForPMH2013.everydayhero.com/au/theresa

Please jump on board this great cause :)

No comments:

Post a Comment