Friday, November 1, 2013

Miss Kitty's Saloon, Inglewood

I took my two lovely cousin's out for dinner tonight at a place called Miss Kitty's Saloon on Beaufort st in Inglewood. I rarely ever venture down to this part of Beaufort st. I think I've eat along here once, and the other times I've been down this end is because I've gotten lost. Yeah, I honestly never went out much before this gap year. 

Even though Miss Kitty's has been around for some time now, today was my first time checking it out. This restaurant does American and Canadian tapas and as soon as I walked through the door I felt like I was back in Nevada or Texas. It had that very Western cowboy feel to it. Love it!

I had found out about Miss Kitty's through Urbanspoon, while I was searching for some vegan friendly restaurants. When I asked the waiter is some of the dishes were vegan friendly, we went off to check with the chef and ended up coming back with a whole list of all the vegan options. What great service!! I was so impressed, and luckily for me, they were able to make variations to a lot of their dishes in order to make them vegan. 

We ended up ordering heaps of tapas dishes because they all sounded so yummy and I for one couldn't make up my mind. The serving sizes for most of the dishes were quite small, as they are designed for sharing. 

The dish I liked most was the corn fritters with hot pepper jelly. It tasted great with the pear slaw that I ordered.

I had such a great dining experience here that I would go back again in a heartbeat. 

 


Starting us off with some peanuts.

Hot wing pancakes

Corn fritters with hot pepper jelly

Pear slaw with macadamia nuts

Mushroom salad with peanuts greens and salt and vinegar crisps

Charcoal tamarind pork ribs

Crisp tortilla, spiced tofu

Grilled local octopus

Those are pigs heads in the fridge there






No comments:

Post a Comment