Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stuffed portobello mushroom

I've been using portobello mushrooms more in my cooking nowadays and I have come to realise that I love them! Normally I won't have mushrooms by themselves because they have quite a strong taste when cooked, but portobello mushrooms have a lovely subtle flavour. I think I could eat one on it's own...although I probably wouldn't. 

I decided to make myself a stuffed mushroom. Now I pretty much just threw together a whole bunch of vegetables which I put in my roasted portobello mushroom and then topped it all off with some hummus, panko breadcrumbs and olive oil. Baked it some more in the oven and there you go, a super healthy and delicious lunch. 

It's taken me a lot of practice and cooking before I have been able to whip together a quick meal. Sometimes it's hard to know what flavours go well together and it usually takes lots of experimenting to work that out. If you ever find yourself with a portobello mushroom and don't know what to do with it, then marinate it in some balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a little bit of maple syrup and then grill it or roast it. Portobellos and balsamic vinegar are always a good match :)

No comments:

Post a Comment