Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vegan peach and plum popsicles

The weather is warming up and I'm excited about making some sorbet and popsicles! I went out to the library and found a book called Ices: sorbets, granitas, lollies and more by Sunil Vijayakar. I found a yummy recipe for peach and plum popsicles which I made today. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on any fresh peaches or plums, but I bought some canned fruit in natural fruit juice. It did the job nicely. Even my brother liked them, and when I get his stamp of approval, I know I've done a good job :)


Peach and plum popsicles 
(from Ices: sorbets, granitas, lollies and more by Sunil Vijayakar)

Makes 6

Ingredients
  • 500ml fresh peach puree (or canned)
  • 500ml fresh plum puree (canned works too)
  • 6 popsicle moulds with sticks
Directions
  1. Top make the peach puree, place 600g of freshly skinned, stoned and chopped peaches into a saucepan with 200ml water and sugar to taste. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 4-5minutes. 
  2. Remove from heat, leave it to cool and process until smoother in food processor. 
  3. Make the plum puree in the same way with halved and stoned plums.
  4. Carefully spoon a little of the peach puree into the base of 6 popsicle moulds and top with a little of the plum mixture. Continue layering until the moulds and full.
  5. Insert the stick into the centre and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm.
  6. To serve, dip the moulds into hot water for a few seconds and remove the popsicles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment